Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rain Man

So my 10 year old SM is a smart little nut.  I admit that I'm a bit biased because I birthed him but it's true.  I call him my little Rain Man because he is such a fact guy.  His brotther who is 16 and I don't even bother to argue with him when he starts spouting facts, we just assume he's right and save ourselves the trouble of looking it up on-line.  At the end of June we were in Toronto visiting my family and took a trip to the Ontario Science Centre.  What a great place for kids and adults alike.  They have an interactive animal exhibit where they lay out items such as wale skin, wolf fur, walrus tusks and bat skeletons, and other really cool stuff and the staff member gets kids to guess what things are and then tells them all sorts of interesting facts.  In his case that poor girl didn't get a chance to do much talking.  SM not only guessed what each item was he then proceeded to tell her some interesting facts about each animal.  It was so funny, as we walked away I looked back and she was pointing at him and telling the other staffers about him. 

Do you ever wonder if your kids are smarter than you?

No comments:

Post a Comment