Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Start Your Own "Tips Jar"

I was on Twitter when I came across this post from DivorcedDadFrugalDad.com, @: Your Spare Change "Tips" Jar -

I love the idea of giving yourself tips.  One of my little savings tricks is to not use the change in my wallet.  When I go to pay I make myself break a bill.  I hate breaking a bill, especially for something small.  Often I would rather skip the purchase than break a $5, $10 or $20.  If I do then any coins that I get back are off limits.  Once a week I put that change into my "Tip Jar".  I am always amazed at how much I can collect, often between $5 and $10 dollars.  This is my fun money.  When I had consumer debt I would use this to make an extra payment at the end of the month. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Adelina

No comments:

Post a Comment