Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No Spend Challenge: Day 2

Happy New Year! Yesterday I looked at my bank account and realized that I had already spent $240.20 in non-essentials (read: crap) in 2012 and it was only the 3rd I freaked.  I consider the essentials as mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities, regular vehicle and home expenses and the regularly budgeted food amount which for our family of three is $180/week.  Now in my budget I give myself $20 per week for my allowance which I won't have to account for.  I have challenged myself to see how many days I can go without spending on non-essentials and I will also make myself  "come clean" by listing every non-essential dollar I spend and keeping a running total.  I'll also be posting my budget so you can see what I have allocated for regular expenses.

So, here goes.  Today is January 4th, 2012.  Wish me luck and maybe join me in this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment