Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resisting Temptation

The problem with January is that all the stores have huge markdowns.  It's so tempting to stop into a store like Old Navy to pick up some things for the boys.  And while I'm there a few for me as well.  Now all of these things: socks, jeans, sweaters and t-shirts will get worn.  But does the fact that they are things that will get used justify buying them?  Does that make them a need instead of a want?  They aren't out of those things and goodness knows that I don't need anything else in my closet.  The problem with a want is that when you want it bad and long enough you can justify turning it into a need, at least in your own mind.  Normally I am really very good at resisting temptation but after getting into the habit of spending over Christmas it has been hard for me to get back to my old thrifty ways.  This blog will help me I think.  I'm happy to report that I did not buy anything yesterday.  I did walk down to Community Natural Foods to wander over lunch but came back to eat my leftovers lunch at my desk. 
Useless spending to date for 2012 is still $240.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment